ThinkingDaily: I Am a Breathing Time Machine

Play

Sam gets back into podcasting with a new ThinkingDaily (first of many) to kick off 2012.

Among the topics of getting back into podcasting and the general ideas for Thinking.FM, Sam discusses affiliate marketing, music, teaching and podcasting.

Mentioned:

AFC
My Little Vinny
PayPerTrends
CostPerNews
Affiliate Summit
Best Blogger
Mr Pink
Shawn’s AffiliateThing Misquote about Caeser’s
Piezo and Jangro
QAQN
Jim’s Video Thing
Kai Ryssdal (cannot unsee)
My Student Podcasts

About 15 minutes and change.

About Sam Harrelson

Sam Harrelson is the head of Harrelson Agency, a marketing and advertising group based in Columbia, SC, as well as the producer of Thinking.FM. With over a decade in marketing and a podcaster since 2007, he's incredibly excited about the future of content.

9 Responses to ThinkingDaily: I Am a Breathing Time Machine

1. jangro January 5, 2012 at 7:48 am #

Coincidentally, I was listening to your 11/1/11 ThinkingDaily last night while you were likely getting this one ready.  (Took me a while to notice that, sorry, I’ve had my head in TextMate for a few months)

I hope you can get the ball rolling on this.  I enjoy it.  Is the name, ThinkingDaily too much pressure to do a daily podcast?  Think of it as a less frequent podcast about thinking daily.

• Sam Harrelson January 5, 2012 at 11:26 am #

Tried TextMate 2 yet? Not impressed so far :)

Thanks for the kind words! Means the world to me, of course. Love doing this, just a matter of making time for it in the daily ebb and flow.

Your comment gives me the resolve to do so!

• jangro January 5, 2012 at 12:19 pm #

I haven’t tried TM 2 yet.  TM is too critical to my development workflow to mess with it right now.

That’s disappointing to hear that you’re unimpressed.

2. Devin T January 5, 2012 at 4:56 pm #

Great podcast… been thinking about making a podcast myself, particularly for Upstate Thinkers (coming back soon… working like a dog to get folks involved, designing, etc.). One thing I’m not a huge fan of is the ad in the sidebar. I love the concept of monetizing sites and trying to make some cash off a hobby of yours, but I don’t quite see thinking.fm as the type of site that displays advertisements. If anything, go GeekCast-style and do in-podcast adverts. But not display advertising. Please. Great podcast though!

• Sam Harrelson January 5, 2012 at 5:00 pm #

Got it taken care of… No worries.

• Devin T January 5, 2012 at 5:02 pm #

Ha…..huge pet peeve of mine since I think thinking.fm deserves better than a CPA ad for QuickBooks.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Back to Podcasting | PayPerTrends by Sam Harrelson - January 4, 2012

[...] a number of affiliate marketing related topics, so I don’t mind posting here as well: ThinkingDaily: I Am a Breathing Time Machine: [...]

2. ThinkingEDU 13: Mobile Learning | Thinking.FM - January 28, 2012

[...] Mentioned: Tenured Professor Leaves Standford Apple Announcement Chasing Rabbits [...]