Thomas Whitley and Sam Harrelson cover the current tensions between Israel, the USA, and Iran, Fred Craddock’s death, CNN’s attempt to find Jesus, and examine the cultural debates regarding religion, sexuality, and gender identification. This week’s thought piece is a riveting conversation regarding the nature of objectivity and how the attempt to save (and mourn) the destruction of antiquities in the “Middle East” might have more to say about us than about ISIS.
In The News
- Finding Jesus on CNN
- Israel, The USA, Jesus, and Politics
- Immutability of Gender?
- Fred Craddock’s Death
- SBC Leaders Say Craddock Undermined Scriptural Authority
- Faiths divided over Indiana’s ‘religious freedom’ bill
- As Mainstream Religion Embraces Marriage Equality, The “Threat to Religious Liberty” Argument Crumbles
- Religion misinterpreted to stop women’s progress: Bangladesh Prime Minister
Ancient Religion and Thought Piece
ISIS Destruction of Antiquities in Mosul: