Prof. Thomas Whitley and Sam Harrelson attempt to bring some thoughtfulness to the discussion of religion again this week with a discussion of Obama’s views of Christianity, Buddhist concepts, Mary Magdalene, and the Historical Jesus.
This Week’s Topics
- Is Obama working on his legacy image with remarks on religion?
- Southern Baptists and Roman Catholics join together… good or bad?
- Does exposure to Buddhist concepts make you more “prosocial” and less likely to be prejudiced towards others?
- Finding Mary Magdalene: How close were Jesus and Mary?
- What are “Facts” when religion is concerned?
- Who Was Jesus and Why Did He Get Crucified?
Religion In the News
- President Obama Hints at Disappointment With Christians at Easter Breakfast – Time
- Catholics, Baptists join in religious liberty battle over gay marriage – Baptist News Global
- Study finds being exposed to Buddhist concepts reduces prejudice and increases prosociality – PsyPost.org
Religion In the Ancient World
- Finding Jesus and Mary Magdalene – Prof. Mark Goodacre on CNN
- Moral Truths and the Fact/Opinion Dichotomy – Prof. Thomas Whitley