Prof. Thomas Whitley and Sam Harrelson attempt to bring some thoughtfulness to the topic of religion again this week with discussions of whether Jesus was a terrorist, the beatification process, Muslim responses to climate change, how to fix Genesis, and why changing your Facebook profile picture makes you feel better.
This Week’s Topics
- Thomas S(h)aves
- Christian Terrorism
- Was Jesus a terrorist?
- Romero’s Beatification
- What are Muslim responses to climate change?
- Notre Dame loses again (this time not just in football). – Also, ND QB Transfers to FSU
- We are going to see “Risen” in January 2016!
- Let’s fix Genesis
Religion In The News
- America Snores When Christian Terrorist Threatens to Massacre Muslims – The Daily Beast (no, not that beast)
- The Christian Terrorist – Marginalia
- Beatification of Romero Signals New Understanding of Martyr – ABC
- Where can you watch Romero? – CanIStreamIt (one of Sam’s fav websites)
- Pope Francis to issue an encyclical on climate change in a few weeks – Daily Mail
- Osama and climate change – Mother Jones
- Notre Dame Again Loses Anti-Birth Control ‘Religious Freedom’ Appeal – Jezebel (no, not that Jezebel)
- Jindal Issues Executive Order After Religious Objections Bill is Rejected – Yahoo News
Thought Piece: Religious Slacktivism
- How Spirituality on Instagram is Turning the Mundane into Something Sacred – Huffington Post
- We are N – Wikipedia
- #MuslimApologies is a witty and informative response to Western Islamophobia – Muslim Times