This week, Thomas and Sam discuss iOS 9 and academics, why students don’t bring laptops to class anymore, Slack and universities, how scholarship impacts the pews, canonization, the BJC and the ERLC, and shifting perceptions of the Pope and Islam.
This Week’s Follow Up and Questions:
- How does scholarship and religious studies impact non-academics in the pews?
- When did we get our bible?
- What are the BJC and ERLC?
- Candida Moss on CBS News talking about the Pope | CBSN
- Bible Belt Atheist… Church? | NY Times
- Pastor of FBC Columbia says the end times are here | Raw Story
- Huckabee calls Obama’s reception of the Pope “un-christian” | NPR
- Is The Pope Trying to Redeem Colonialism? | The Atlantic
- Carly Fiorina’s religious test better have a comprehensive study guide | Marginalia
- Republicans in Iowa think Islam should be Illegal | Daily Kos
- Founding Fathers and Islam | Salon